Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Sunday 17 November 2013

Helping Someone in Need and Good Communities

I received an interesting call this morning that shaped my day. It was my work letting me know that one of my subordinates was missing in the woods and that more help was being obtained to form a larger search party.

I was not surprised at the amount of people I showed up. Good workplaces instill a sense of family and camaraderie that create a group of people willing to help others because that's the thing to do. Its done for people that may be your best bud or "that guy down the hall". Its a great feeling when a crisis happens that prove the validity humanities basic nature in helping others.

Good communities can do that as well, which lead to good nations and hopefully...eventually to a great planet.

The fellow was found by the time I got to the police station used as the hub of the search, which is always a good result. Even better he was none the worse for wear for staying overnight in the woods. He'll get a ribbing tomorrow at work but it will be in good fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment