Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Sunday 18 January 2015

Mai Mai's Bistro Victoria

Not to be confused with the original in Sooke, Mai Mai's Bistro is for nightclub admirers who want a place to chill and eat good food. I entered at 5pm when they opened but I was told by the waitress that it doesn't start getting busy till 9pm and are open till 2pm. Plan according to your taste and volume level.

I started with a sunumono salad that was one of the best one's i've had in Victoria. Since I was on my bicycle and heading to a nearby movie theatre after eating, i asked what stout beers they had. Fortunately they just had a free case delivered from Lighthouse Brewery. They had a Seaport Vanilla Stout and the waitress offered it for free since it was a free sample. It was one of the more smoother stouts I have ever tried and the vanilla was a nice addition.

I then had a trio of the West Coast Inari (tofu pocket with rice, cold smoked wild sockeye, avocado, goat cheese crumble with a tequila honey dressing) that was delicious. Lastly I had the ginger beef (Alberta beef strips, Asian vegetables and ginger) that was one of the best tasting and certainly best presented ginger beef I have had.

I would definitely come back again and for my slower pace early in the evening is best for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment