Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 16 May 2015

VocaMe performing Hildegard von Bingen

VocaMe is a choral group that performs compositions from females in history. The have been in town before, performing through the local Early Music Society, with a Byzantine lady named Kassia. My wife and I missed that one but did come to thier concert this time featuring music of Hildegard von Bingin, who lived in the 1100's.

I have been a fan of Hildegard since the mid 90's when I picked up a CD of her music. The choral notes and combinations of voices to make a new one was fantastic. The four women of VocaMe did her music justice and more. My wife and I were very impressed with thier range of sound and quality of voices.

We'd highly recommend them and Hildegard's music to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment