Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Thursday 16 January 2014

Fernwood Inn and the Cornerstone Cafe

My wife and I finished dropping off recycling and it was lunch time so we went to the nearby (to the Recycling) Fernwood Inn. It used to be the George and Dragon Pub but it was sold and redone. I have to say that I like the changes. My wife had the Danier's Famous Breakfast Sandwich (Two eggs fired medium with crisp bacon under English smoke cheddar, Sandwhiched on ciabatta with paprika aioli, roasted tomatoes and fresh avocado, Served with house has) and she liked it, although the egg was cooked soft not medium as the menu said. I had the Shitake Mushroom Stirfry (Fresh snow peas and shitake mushrooms stir-fried with shredded vegetables, ginger and chow mein in our wild mushroom black bean sauce) and it was filling refreshing and peppery. We would come here again.

I felt like a hot drink so I went across the street to the Cornerstone Cafe. It is owned and run by the local Fernwood Neighborhood Resource Group and ordered a hot chocolate to go. It was made from chocolate chips from a local bakery, melted and then milk steamed in. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment