Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Wednesday 7 May 2014

Adrena LINE Zipline tour

I recently participated in a zipline tour with co-workers at Adrena LINE. With my sometimes fear of heights, I looked upon this experience to test that sometimes fear.
After a practise zip, we moved to the first run. The engineering to get these platforms made was very interesting. I found that I was most afraid when being hooked on or disconnected at the other end. Sometimes I was afraid in the middle of the zip but I just focused on the trees at my height rather than looking down.
Most of the others did not have this problem and went down the lines spinning or upside down.
It was a good experience and soaring above the forest was a singular experience. Definitely felt like I was a superhero when I wasn't afraid of falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment