Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 3 May 2014

Catalano Restaurant

To treat myself and my wife for taking care of their cat, our friends treated us to supper at Catalano restaurant. There have been a few restaurants at this location but if the food is any indication this place will be here a while.

We shared four Cicchetti, which are small appetizers: local octopus, roasted cauliflower, arancini and chorizo puffs.

For my and my friends main we had the pan roasted Fraser Valley duck breast with confit ravioli, black mission figs and demi glace. I was very happy with my meal. My wife had the Sardinian Fish Stew which was extremely delicious.

I liked it so much and was coming downtown on the weekend anyways, I had brunch as well. I had the Gina Lola (open faced omelette with roasted vegetables, caramelized onion, goats cheese, mixed greens & grilled bread) which was delicious. I also added the flight of bacon which had a slice of each of the following: whole beast maple rosemary, double smoked, two rivers lamb bacon, house made pea meal, cinzano glazed. It was awesomely delicious.

We will definitely be back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment