Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 26 July 2014

Maritimes - Glenora Distillery and Resteraunt

Glenora Inn and Distillery is located just North of Mabou. I had olny tried wiskey once before but know this was a gastronomic destination so I gave it a try.
The grounds are very nice.
Here is the entrance to the hotel and resteraunt.
To start I had a lobster trio: lobster salad with celery, lobster sushi with wasabi aoli and lobster wonton with chili sauce. A delicious start!
As a main I had the smoked pork chop, asparagus and potatoes. Very nice but I would have liked them more smoked.
As an accompanyment I had thier fourteen year old wiskey, one half ounce. Interesting. I could taste the little flavors but have no idea if it was good or not.
Lastly I had the chocolate blueberry pot de creme which filled me up nicely. Tasty too.
I stopped by the brook again for a while until the mosquitoes came out. Otherwise a good tasting meal and good experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment