Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Monday 11 August 2014

Maritimes - Dunes Cafe

The Dunes Cafe is quite the odd duck on PEI. Although there are many artists, there has not been an attempt like this in my memory of PEIs past. It is odd for PEI but cool too.
The gallery does have a lot of non-local art but many of those non-locals are actually set up on site. As I said, odd but cool. It feels very chi-chi inside but they're artist so just act calm and interested and you'll be fine. Reservations for eating here are strongly suggested for tourist season and suggested for other times of the year.
For my supper I started with the curry mushroom soup with cream cheese dollop. Very delicious.
For my main I had the seafood linguini which had mussels, scallops, shrimp, salmon and other white fish. Excellent and very filling. If I wasn't going to a drive in afterwards I would have taken the rest home.
There is a gallery of outdoor art to view during the day or after a meal to digest in the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment