Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Friday 19 September 2014

Workplace Sports Day

I've been to many workplace sports days over the years and they are always a good opportunity to get out from behind a desk and the office to interact with everyone in a relaxed atmosphere. The healthy competition is always great too. This year it was held at a place i've been to a few times before, the Juan de Fuca Recreation centre.

I bike to and from work and exercise two to three times a week on top of this so I first participated in golf. I play once or so a year and use my wife's Grandmothers golf clubs. They're good and were used by her when she was a semi-pro back in the day, although the leather in the bag is starting to fall apart. I scored what I usually do, double par, and enjoyed myself.

Since there were other events going on, I brought my travel Bocce ball set purchased at Mountain Equipment Co-Op and got three other coworkers to play. It was great fun.

Then was the long line for burgers and hot dogs but they ran out of hot dogs by the time I got to the front, alas. The potato salad was good though and the burger was a burger. You never come out for the food at these events.

The last event was the inter-department tug of war which my department won.

All throughout the day I chatted with both new and old acquaintances and mostly everyone had a great time. Why not try something like this at your workplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment