Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Friday 12 September 2014

San Francisco - Baseball

We decided to experience a bit of Americana and take in a baseball game while in the San Francisco area. So we went to the only game happening while we were there: the Oakland Athletics versus the Tampa Bay Manta Rays.
What struck me at first was the small size of the field and the humongous size of the stadium. They can cram a lot of people in here! The second thing is how expensive food is! I had flavoured popcorn, a Guinness, and two hot dogs...$29! The heat was also brutal although this was an afternoon game in August.

The Oakland Athletics lost. I had an experience that I feel no need to repeat. Perhaps those that watch baseball would get more out of it than I did.

This is my last post on San Francisco until the next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment