Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Monday 15 August 2016

Maritimes Tour 2016 - Day Two- Aircraft and a Gathering of the Clans

Day Two: This was a super action packed day. First my mom took us to the Havelock Flying Club airfield where we had breakfast, chatted with folks, and looked at the aircraft on the field. Also saw some taking off and landing.Below is an amphibious plane.

Shortly after getting home we borrowed my mom’s car and drove to my dad’s clan gathering. A great spread was put on by my Aunts and Uncles! We chatted with folks and caught up on what had occurred to each other. Also met cousins I had not met in a while and a new edition to the clan who was a few months old.

Later in the afternoon, after things wound down, it was time to go to Gusto Italian Grill and Wine Bar. There we met with my mom’s clan and had a great supper. The arancini was crisp and tasty. The pasta of the day was cooked perfectly and the pesto and vegetables were great. They have a wood fired oven too.

Then we retired to my Aunt and Uncle’s place to continue the gathering and chatted about what the family was doing and have recently done. My Uncle has a wicked train set too.

No comments:

Post a Comment