Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 10 July 2021

Brasserie L'Ecole

 For our first restaurant outing since the COVID pandemic started was Brasserie L'Ecole. It was, as always, fantastic. As always since they do not take reservations you have to line up early. They open at 530pm and I was first in line at 450. Shortly after people started lining up and by 515pm they had enough to fill the place for a first seating (every second table was not used to increase physical distancing inside).


Since I knew I would be ordering mussels, I had a Belgian beer, Orval. Nice and tasty.


For an appetizer I had the pate du Campagne with pickled fennel, grilled baguette, and grained mustard. Supurb!


My wife had the tuna tartar with couscous and vinaigrette. She offered me some and it was refreshing and tasty.


For my main I had Moules and frites, or mussels and fries. I had the fries fancy with truffle oil and cheese. The broth was a saffron and wine broth. Delicious! 

My wife had the 8oz steak with red wine and shallot sauce with frites. She liked. We also shared the chard with 30 year old sherry reduction and it had a nice taste. We had too much to have dessert and was glad we had parked on the 8th floor of a nearby parkade. 

No comments:

Post a Comment