Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 4 September 2021

Stout Beers

Since the start of the year, I have tried a few stout beers. Here is my simple review of them.

Guinness Draught Stout: The original benchmark of stouts is always good. Thick full of body and flavour.

Russel Brewing Oatmeal Stout: My current favorite if I want a lighter stout with milky undertones.

Red Racer Moonlight Rider Vanilla Stout: Made in Vancouver. The website says hints of vanilla but I find it very vanilla flavoured and that suits me just fine. Tasty.

Belhaven Black Scottish Stout: I find this stout a more refined cousin of Guinness but still has thickness to it. Harder to find in Victoria.

St-Amboise Oatmeal Stout: From Quebec, this stout is a little lighter than some and is more of a summer stout for me as it goes down smooth. Their apricot wheat and milk stouts are also delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment