Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Friday 19 November 2021

Hotel Zed

This was our first time to Tofino since the Zed hotel had finished. Its quite funky for all the right reasons.


I really like the outdoor surfboard shower, garbage, and bike repair station.


The lobby is a trip back through time. The sunken area with ultra shag carpet is marvelous. In the 70's study room, find the book called "Hotel Zed" and pull it to reveal the arcade room.


Had to try out the disco room.


The restaurant in the hotel, Roar, was incredibly delicious. We ate there for two breakfasts and one supper.


For our first breakfast here, I had the Island Egg Pie sandwich.


My wife had the pan fried eggs and hash.


For our supper, we started with drinks. My wife had the Clover cocktail and I had a vermouth I had not tried yet.

We shared the roasted carrot special, which had a nice citrus-y sauce.


The shared main was rockfish with lots of accompaniments. The fish was prepared very well and had great flavour.


For our final breakfast, I had the house kofta and lemon shakshuka. The heat was just right and flatbread just the way I like it.


No comments:

Post a Comment