On the 25th, during the only full day at M’s place, V drove in from Fredericton. She is M’s daughter and also a good friend. We met WAY back in 7th grade, when the family moved to Riverview N.B. During my parent’s divorce they became a second family for me. We all caught up with each other’s activities and future plans.
Like last night, there were some nocturnal visitors…racoons! They were quite bold and two clans of them live in this area. They were quite cute with all of their kits.
On the 26th, after a relaxing morning and great conversations, it was time for me to go. Once we said our goodbyes I drove into Sackville to see J&A for lunch.
After picking them up, and chatting along the way, we pulled into Irving Big Stop in Aulac near the border to NS. While we waited for our orders, we continued to catch up and ruminate on our futures. Soon our orders arrived. I got the fried clams, with a cup of cole slaw, and side salad instead of fries. Yummy for my tummy.
After finishing our meal we took a detour to Fort Beaujejour, a historical site that is open 24/7/365. It is only the museum that’s closed when it's off season or from lack of employees. The site is an earthworks fort, like Fort Anne in Annapolis Royal. We only drove through the lower parking lot. It was nice to see it again even though it was a quick look.
Dropping J&A off, I visited Blind Forest Books. It had moved since I was last in Sackville and their new location has a little more room. Two books purchased. I drove to the suburbs of Moncton, NB and for the next three nights I would be a guest at my aunt V and uncle L, on my mom’s side. This would be the first opportunity where I would be spending quality time with them as an adult. A fifty-six-year-old adult. Cool. 0.7km walked.
No comments:
Post a Comment