Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Sunday 25 November 2012

Veneto Tapa Lounge

Prior to going to a concert, my wife, a friend and I went to Veneto Tapa Lounge; an old favorite. The lounge is on the main floor of the Hotel Rialto and is modern yet classically so. Someone dress in fashions from the 1910's and 20's would feel at home with the art deco inspired ambiance.

My wife and I shared an order of crispy tempura vegetables which had a nice dipping sauce. The tempura fried capers were a little salty. Then I had a Pork trio of:
-Spanish rubbed pincho ribs with caramelized honey, dijon, ancho chili glaze and spicy slaw;
-crisp pancetta carbonara with linguine, fresh chive and smoked gruyere; and
-pan roasted pork tenderloin wrapped in serrano ham and stuffed with fresh basil, feta and roasted garlic.

My wife had the duck trio of:
-caramelized sweet onion and barbecue duck quesadilla;
-linguini pasta with duck ragout and fresh grated parmesa; and
-duck confit rillette crepe with blackberry compote and garlic herb chevre.

We each liked our dishes. This time around the overall taste was a little salty but that's what I get for eating the pork! I'll try the mixed grill next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment