Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Monday 11 February 2013

Woken by a Possible Drug User

Shortly after 5 am, my wife and I were woken by a frantic doorbell ringing. Thinking it could be the neighbor, we quickly dressed and went downstairs. We heard loud yelling coming from the back of our neighbors so I went outside to investigate. Once outside I realized that it was not coming from inside the house but from behind it. The yelling and screaming was feminine and raspy, as if she had been yelling for a while. I slowly walked around the corner and saw a woman in mismatched pajamas,  with a disheveled appearance and sneakers. Once she saw me, she paused in her demand to have someone help her. That's when she started screaming.

Constant screaming.

This was not the pleas for help kind of screaming but the kind once would make when "cornered by a chainsaw wielding maniac that you saw cutting your friends and family (and favorite pet) down with only you left in a remote location just before the end credits roll" kind of scream.

As a counterpoint to the force of the scream that left me temporarily stunned was the thought of...why. I was dressed in tartan blue pajamas with a bright orange vest. Not the figure you want on a movie poster to convince someone to see on the big screen or buy for a dollar in the bargain bin.

The screaming didn't stop as I told her its ok and asked her name. She just decided that it would be a good time to try to go through my neighbors back patio door. She tried several times before calming down and resuming speaking incoherently.  After I sat on the grass and continued to speak calmly and slowly, with a hand out to show her I was unarmed and for her to stop, she calmed enough to tell me her name. I tried to get her to talk but she started again speaking incoherently, crying out for her mother, god and the saint she was named after. She was not making sense and bouncing around in her conversation.

The police arrived and she started screaming again, probably because seeing two large men with bright lights pointed at you tends to invoke panic.

Anyways, they calmed her and got her in an ambulance. She loudly demanded they inject her with drugs as it was her right. The whole event took 30 minutes till the time I was to wake up anyways.

So remember folks, don't do drugs. Spend your money on models and games instead. You'll be much better off.

No comments:

Post a Comment