Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Sunday 10 February 2013

Blighty's Bistro

I treated my wife to her birthday supper on Saturday at Blighty's Bistro, located in Oak bay. We've eaten there before many times and had another enjoyable experience. Its kinda West coast style with good portions and excellent flavors.

I started with the Kale Salad (Green Kale, roasted beets, toasted walnuts, goat cheese) and it was lightly steamed to still give it a slightly crunchy texture, which is difficult to do without going overboard. My wife had the Stuffed Date salad (Blue cheese stuffed dated wrapped in prosciutto, oven baked and served with greens).

Our mains came quite quickly after we finished our starters. My main was the Bison Tenderloin (Maple shallot and butter glazed bison tenderloin on mashed potato, local roasted beet and yam, vegetables) and my wife had the Lamb Tagine (Moroccan style stew with chick pea, apricot, slivered almonds and Israeli cous cous). My meat was prepared to perfection and my wife found hers nicely spiced and seasoned with delicious cous cous.

To finish I had the Apple and fruit crumble with Ice Cream and my wife had the Sticky Toffee Bread Pudding. She found her's too sweet and that they used too much molasses but I found mine perfect. Our deserts arrived after quite some time so the owner gave us one of them for free for our troubles.

A lovely experience and a place we will go to again and again.

No comments:

Post a Comment