Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Tuesday 14 May 2013

France - Paris Again Day 2 - La Billybaude

 We wandered around at the end of a long day walking and decided to give this establishment, La Billybaude, a try. We were very satisfied with the result.
 My appetizer was marinated mackerel and this bowl was brought out for me!
 When the plate came out and I asked the waiter about the huge bowl, he explained that people served themselves what they wanted. Generally one or two fillets. I chose one of the larger ones. It was marinated in olive oil and very very good. Underneath was potatoes in a light broth.
 My wife had fois gras with a balsamic reduction and a bit of berry jelly.
 This is the wine we had.
 We both had the duck with a side of mashed potatoes.
 My wife had the berry cake.
I had the chocolate volcano type dessert.

No comments:

Post a Comment