Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Wednesday 16 October 2013

Ulla Restaurant

We have come back to the Ulla restaurant a few times since my first. Again this place does not disappoint.

I started with a drink of the Cranberry Casablanca, my usual (green mint tea, cranberry, lime, cinnamon syrup) and an appetizer of scallop boudin blanc with potato, peas, bacon, and pickled lemon. The scallops were soaked in milk and butter for a while, then put in a bag and cooked low in boiling water (Sous-Vide style). They were then cut out and lightly fried on each side. I swear that if I had put my fork on the scallop and put a pepper shaker on it, it would have pushed through the scallop, it was that tender. The taste was unlike any scallop I had before, and I come from the Maritime Provinces! The little sauces and such on the plate were also excellent.

For a main I had duck breast ham & confit leg with beets, farro, cocoa, sorrel, and concord grape duck sauce. Also equally delicious.

A great meal and there was no room for dessert this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment