Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Tuesday 29 October 2013

Clay Pigeon Restaurant

The Clay Pigeon restaurant is a tiny little eatery that makes very good meals. It has Northwest style decor and is open seven days a week.

I started with the escargot in pernod garlic butter. They are harvested in Quebec and come in their shells, which reminded me of my trip to France earlier this year. Delicious. My friend had the fried pigs ear with sweet chili sauce and he enjoyed it.

For a main I had Chive Gnocci with eggplant, zucchini, tomato, and red pepper ratatou. It was very tasty but a little small. My friend had the Chicken Confit with orange , onion and star anise marmalade, grilled zucchini and parme. He also enjoyed it and it was a very healthy size.

I would come back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment