Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 22 February 2014

Olympic View Golf Course

Yesterday, most of our workplace went to enjoy golf at Olympic View golf course here in Victoria.
It is a lovely 18 hole course with a large clubhouse with restaurant. Our $59 fee included breakfast wrap (which was delicious) and golf cart. I brought my wife's Grandmother's clubs (she used to be semi-pro) and although I got teased a little they are good hearty clubs.
 I did not do well but it was for fun and camaraderie, in fact it was over a year since I last played. I have had more time golfing on my Wii than anywhere else. Most of the others did not play often.
 There was a food cart that came around with beverages and snacks including beer. This was good because with our 10pm start due to frost we did not finish till 4pm.
 All in all a great experience.
There was even friendly wildlife around.

No comments:

Post a Comment