Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Sunday 22 June 2014

Maritimes - The Hopewell Rocks

Just East of the Fundy National park in New Brunswick are Hopewell Rocks. I've been here off and on since I was young and since I was traveling to see family and friends, I thought I would revisit it.

Here is a time lapse video of the amazing tides!

The sandstone and rock has been eaten away over the millenia to look like the natural marvels they are now.


Also nearby is the small town of Alma that has an excellent bakery, two seafood sellers (with great lobster) and a cool convienience store.

Stay tuned for more posts on my recent trip to Atlantic Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment