Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Thursday 19 June 2014

Tofino - Pointe Resteraunt

As always when my wife and I go to Tofino, we eat at the Pointe restaurant at the Wickaninnish Inn.

For starters I had the house made ginger ale and the spring mushroom broth (Grilled Sourdough, Oyster Mushroom Parfait, Shallot, Wild Greens).
My wife had the Grilled Spot Prawn Escabeche (Sweet Pepper, Fennel, Basil, Honey Water) with a glass of the La Frenz Riesling 2012.
For a main I had the Peace Country Lamb Cannon & Crisp Tongue (Poached Rhubarb, Beetroot, Juniper Ash & Rosemary Jus) with a glass of Malbec.
My wife had the Roasted Ling Cod Pot au Feu (Heirloom Vegetables, Spot Prawns, Shellfish Nage) with Blue Mountain “Reserve” Pinot Gris 2010, BC
My wife also had the Roasted Beef Tenderloin (Shallot Purée, Charred Zucchini, Butter-Poached Spot Prawns) as the previous items she ordered were from the tasting menu.
For dessert I had a chocolate with ice cream thing that was delicious.
My wife had the Chamomile Granite (Poached Rhubarb, Chamomile Sponge, Citrus Crème Frâiche).
An extremely enjoyable evening and meal!

No comments:

Post a Comment