Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Friday 20 June 2014

Tofino Sauna House Magnetic Poetry

When we stayed in the birdhouse loft at Sauna House, in Tofino BC, there was a magnetic poetry kit specific for birdwatchers. I had fun making poetry using the restriction of not reusing any magnetic words. I will not win any Govenor General awards for my work but its good to let that creativity out once in a while.

Here are a few:

Fun day, quiet night
Preen rookery. Flock. Dive.
Observe the golden egg of life.
Peep. Peck. Gorge.

Strong goddess, let me touch plumage.
Under the light, bright and beautiful.
I would compare your kiss,
to a flight with the sky.
Raptor rose to a sun.
You are my life. Make merry.
Rest. Sleep. Remember.

Father hoot. Binoculars spot.
Female roost. Watch early.
Must spy on world.
Too old. Autumn.

Protect nest. Forest Song.
See bird, brilliant.
Feather fly. Talon sing.
Beak tear. Red. Eat bird.
Give chick some.
Family.

Morning joy.
Listen to peace.
Almost home.
Less than art, this picture.

Above the field they wait,
in a field for two.
Love migration.

And then there is the one last one. You could tell I was running out of words to use.

Sight her,
full gizzard.
Feel my thistle.
Chocolate night.

No comments:

Post a Comment