Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 29 August 2015

Madelene's

Madelene's is a great place for breakfast and lunches. You do have to order first and then you are served later, which makes it problematic if there are lots of people in line for their morning coffee and pastry!

I had the Country Scramble (Red potatoes, ham, bell peppers,red onion, mushrooms, zucchini, and scrambled eggs, topped with sausage gravy and cheddar cheese) and chai. It was delicious and filling. Not too filling because after trying my wife's pastry I ordered their pain de chocolate to go and it was the best I’ve ever had (and I’ve had a few). I also ordered a Turkey Apple sandwich to go (Turkey, Apple, Basil Pesto, Greens on Wheat Bread) and it too was very filling.

We went here again the next day for the pain de chocolat so we'd eat here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment