Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Friday 1 January 2016

End of 2015 and Beginning of 2016

I had three groups of resolutions for 2015:

Get stronger and learn Tai Chi. I had wanted to increase my overall strength level by 12% and I would say I have done the first part. I changed up how I did weights by stressing the muscles more rather than using a graduated increase/decrease of weight. Looking more like Peter Parker after the bite rather than before. I would like to look into Tai Chi classes this year.

Read more non-fiction. I tried to catch up with my National Geographics and have not been successful. Going to Worldcon and reading as many of the nominees for the Hugo awards drained a lot of time. I have moved to a more reasonable schedule and read more in the mornings while having breakfast so I anticipate more books read in 2016. I did read the Donald Kagan Peloponnesian War book and am well into the Landmark Thucydides.

I will spend at least five minutes a day calming my mind. This I have achieved and have noticed my ability to focus has improved. I've noticed that I have been less tired the more I do it. I've also noticed that since we've gotten a new bed I've been able to stay awake at night better so perhaps it was my matress' effect on my mind and not meditation. This I will still continue in 2016.

I can see each of these goals as being reasonable and measurable. I'll let you know how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment