Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Wednesday 16 November 2016

Tofino - Wolf in the Fog

We have eaten at Wolf in the Fog when coming to Tofino before. It is such a highlight of our trip I thought that I would make a post of this time.

First we both had a potato encrusted oyster with apple puree and truffle oil. Best oyster appetizer I have ever had. Ever.
Next I had the Morrocan style octopus with chickpeas, tomatoes and peppers. Delicious.
My spouse had the Bamfield seaweed salad with shiitakes, daikon and wild rice.
Lastly I had the green soul aka the vegetarian dish. It was local mushroom potstickers with daikon, seaweed and a wonderful mushroom broth.
My spouse had the wild mushrooms on toast with pork jowl, egg and jus. Our other friends at the table also had the same thing and all said it was delicious.
We would definitely come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment