Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 11 March 2017

Hapa Izakaya Restaurant

I was looking forward to eating at an Italian place nearby but it was closed for a staff function. I did mark on my map some other places nearby and this place, Hapa Izakaya was closest. I was so happy I did. It was also participating in an event called the Big Taste. It is an event to generate interest in restaurants during this slow season they have special menu options or features.

I started with a vegetable entree: spinach with a peanut sauce, mixed greens with citrus sauce, and eggplant in a rich marinade. So far it was well made but not fantastic, at least that was until...
...the salmon. It was cooked sous-vide in a citrus sauce to perfection, and served with a beefy flavoured barley with enochi mushrooms and some veg. Wonderful.
For desert, another wonderful treat...matcha brulee with raspberries on top.
I would come back here again.


No comments:

Post a Comment