Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 17 September 2022

Lee’s Famous Chicken

 A Lee's Famous Recipe Chicken opened up near my work so I decided to try it out for lunch. Lee's was started by the nephew of Coronel Sanders and another business partner in 1966. 

The breading is a blend of herbs and spices but before it is breaded it is dipped in honey. I got the two piece meal with macaroni salad rather than fries and skipped the sugary drinks. The biscuit was nice, gravy was very delicious, macaroni salad had a bit of mustard I think so it had a twang, and the chicken with skin was very tasty. I was glad it was only two pieces though as I have not eaten a lot of breaded products since my 20's. Nice comfort food and would have it again sometime. 




No comments:

Post a Comment