Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Sunday 11 September 2022

Tofino on Labour Day Weekend

I and my wife with three friends were in Tofino last weekend. This is a view from the back doors of the three bedroom accommodations we stayed in. The beach is just over the treeline.

On the way to Tofino we stopped at Coombs, did a little grocery and book shopping, and ate at Cuckoos. I had my soup of the day and vegetable Italian sandwich.


On our first night my wife and I had already made pasta, pesto, and tomato sauce from scratch and combined it with a kale and tomato Italian style fry with vegetables from our garden. To finish we had a selection of great chocolates from Chocolate Tofino. Sadly there are no pictures of the spread as we were all quite hungry.

The next day I went out chanterelle hunting with a friend. Lots of interesting scenery with very few people. A huge slug.


Nice moss and ferns on rocks.


Mossy trees.


I got a significant haul of chanterelles too!


After I came back my wife and I took a stroll along the beach.



As a group we went to Wolf in the Fog for another fantastic meal. Potato encrusted oysters was first. 


Then the seaweed salad, with tuna.


Finally grilled mackerel.


The next day was a short walk in the foggy morning with my wife before driving home.


No comments:

Post a Comment