Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 8 September 2012

Restaurant - Zambri's

After coming back from the Maritimes and my wife missing out on the restaurants I went to, I thought I'd treat her to an old favorite of ours...Zambri's.

Zambri's started in 1999 as a simple Italian lunch trattoria style food with the brother as chef and sister in the frount. It has morphed into the Sunday brunch, lunch and supper fantastic food place it is today. I recommend either a table outside in the early evening or in the atrium itself when it is too hot or at night.

I ordered a mocktail to drink, a rhubarb and ginger fizzy drink and my wife had a prusecco. Mine was very delicious and refreshing.

For an appetizer I ordered the special pizza of the day with a broccoli-anchovy pesto with some anchovies and pecorino cheese, which was delicious. I even shared some with my wife and she shared some of her appetizer with me, the special which was roasted local figs with Gorgonzola on top and under the figs a bed of arugula greens.

For our mains we both had pasta. For mine I had an old favorite, the spaghetti alla chitarra and sage brown butter and pecorino cheese. It may not look like much ingredients when it gets to you but the taste is divine. My wife had the spaghetti with crab ragu which was also good. I also recommend the tagliatelli pasta with duck and olive ragu. We ended up taking a little less than half of our pastas home with us for supper the next night.

We weren't thinking of dessert but the waitress twisted our arm with two scoops of fresh gellato with lemon and raspberry flavors. The lemon reminded me of our trip to Italy.

By the way, Zambri's has an excellent sommelier who trains the staff well. Ask for their recommendations and you should not go wrong.

So if you want authentic Italian in Victoria, head to Zambri's and you would be very glad you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment