Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Friday 27 February 2015

Uplift War by David Brin

As noted in my top ten sci-fi books, David Brin's Startide rising was one of my pics. Now that I have finished The Uplift War (spoilers in link) I wonder why I didn't read this series earlier in my life.

The wonderful characters, both good/bad/indifferent, are written with a deep knowledge of the human condition that I wonder why other sci-fi authors I have read have missed this detail. The plot is grand yet does not miss the little journeys the multitude of characters go through. He also writes arcs where everyone does not get what they want but get what they deserve.

Highly recommended starting with Startide Rising first.

No comments:

Post a Comment