Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Monday 26 August 2019

Dalvay-by-the-Sea Restaurant

Dalvay-by-the-Sea also has a fantastic restaurant. We also reserved for 530pm so had the place to ourselves for about a half hour.
 The amuse bouche was a goat cheese on rubarb jam.
 Each of us had the six oyster appetizer. The included a scotch eye dropper bottle to put into the shell to have with the oyster liquid. I do not like scotch but wow did it go well with the oyster juice!
 With our mains we decided to splurge and get a bottle of French Pouilly-Fuisse.
I had the hand made pasta with mushrooms and is one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had.
 My wife got the scallops with local vegetables.
 For dessert I had a pastry.
My wife had the ice cream and sorbet.

No comments:

Post a Comment