Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Tuesday 28 August 2012

Halifax - Little Europe Bistro

Little Europe Bistro is located in the Hydrostone in Halifax and is another place I've eaten at when I've been here before. The decor may look a little tired but the food is quite good and a little less than the better looking places to eat in the block.

I had the spaghettini portofino (spaghettini, prosciutto, boccocini, basil pesto). Initially it seemed like there was not a lot of sauce and the initial bite of some slightly fried procciutto was a little salty. After a bite of the sauce and pasta I realized that the amount of sauce was perfect and the saltiness of the prosciutto was balanced by the other ingredients. To go with the meal I had an Italian Chianti that was nicely bold.

For dessert I had baklava and it was delicious and a perfectly sweet end to my last meal in Halifax.

No comments:

Post a Comment