Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Sunday 12 August 2012

Lake Cottages

 Lake cottages are popular throughout Canada. I prefer beach cottages but sometimes the coastline or location doesn't allow it.
 This lake is near Digby (20 minute drive) and is fairly large. That's my sister and her son on the water in kayaks.
 I went out with my step brother in a canoe and we rowed to this beaver lodge. It has been used for many years and I saw a beaver on the far side jump into the water and dive down just before I took this picture.
 The row was a good workout and very calming.
 There's lots of nooks to explore.
 The cottages are near to each other but not too near. I like that about this cottage owned by my step-family.
 The inside of the cottage is fantastic. Reminds me of my grandparents cottage with its quirky knick-knacks and cozy feel.
Also just the right amount of amenities while remaining rustic.

No comments:

Post a Comment