Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Sunday 26 April 2015

NORWESCON 2015 - Sunday and overview

On Sunday morning we ate at Dave's Diner, just across the corner of the hotel. I had the garden omelet and a blueberry milkshake. Very tasty and makes me wonder why I pay the same at the hotel for the better breakfast here. Of course the food at the diner takes time while at the hotel buffet its already made...more to think about for next year.

After breakfast it was once around the dealer's room. One table I passed by offered a free book signed by the author and two blue rays for five dollars. I said yes to both. Even though the table was for self-published authors, after reading The Martian by Andy Weir. Before I read that book I put self-published books down. After it, not as much because there still is a lot of bad self-published books out there. I promised the dude that if I like it, I'll buy one next year. There was some other little items I got but not the sales that I remember from years past.

Then it was the drive back to Canada. I always want to stay another day to take advantage of the five or so hours of panels but it would either mean another night of accommodations (expensive) or extra money for parking and bumper to bumper traffic (not as expensive but gruelling).

Overall this years NORWESCON was another great experience. Definitely will be back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment