Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Tuesday 14 April 2015

Seattle Seatac - NORWESCON 2015 - Copperleaf

I and some friends arrived at the NORWESCON hotel the day before it started and had supper at the nearby Copperleaf Lounge at the Cedarbrook Lodge. George RR Martin, the convention writer guest of honor also ate nearby.

I asked for my regular drink of Cinzano but they did not have it. Instead they had a product called Doulin. I gave it a try and it is the first vermouth other than Cinzano that I like. Great start!

To start we had an amuse bouche of fennel pannocota, mandarin and fried beet chips.
For an appetiser I had the foraged mushroom creme with “Rillette de Poussin” and garden thyme.
For my main I had the Anderson ranch lamb saddle with Palouse Green Lentils, Caramelised Fennel, Meyer Lemon, Charred Eggplant, and Piquillo Peppers.
For dessert, not shown, was the ever delicious Theo's hot chocolate hot pot for two with cinnamon donuts.

As always the atmosphere and service was excellent and the food was perfect. As well, during our meal the writer guest of honour of NORWESCON, George R.R. Martin sat down with what looked to be the convention heads for supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment