Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Friday 9 December 2022

Il Covo Trattoria

My spouse and I have eaten many times at il Covo, both in the restaurant and takeout during the height of COVID. I posted about the restaurant in 2015 but did not include pictures. I find them on par with the best Italian food in Victoria, Zambri's

First I started with the wild mushroom soup that was creamy, earthy, and delicious. Bread was judiciously used to absorb the remaining soup remnants.

I had as a main the linguine alla putenesca: olives, garlic, anchovies, capers, and fresh tomato sauce. Magnificent every time.


My spouse had the special: thin pasta with wild mushrooms and shrimp in a light and creamy garlic sauce.


As always we will keep coming back with the great food they serve here.

No comments:

Post a Comment