Headings

Food (428) History (350) Travel (238) art (203) France (138) Spain (130) Vancouver Island (123) maritimes (119) UK (96) Portugal (81) Postcard of the Interwebs (70) Musings (47) Tofino (47) Scandinavia (44) book (37) Hornby (29) Movie and TV (25) Conventions (23) Music (19) Wisdom without Zealotry (17) Quadra Island (12) San Francisco (11) Ottawa (5)

Saturday 9 September 2017

Durham Castle - Breakfast

The dining hall in Durham Castle, for those who stay there or for special occasions, are in for a treat.
 The hall is like something out of Harry Potter, but I think most British grand castle halls probably look like this. Since this is my first one, I will revel in it.
 Many painting of past deans of the university are present on the large walls.
 The fireplace is massive and has a coat of arms over it.
  It is a buffet breakfast and the first time I went up was classic fare with oatmeal.
 My wife's first time up was also classic fare.
The bowl of single serving marmite was cute. Too bad I wasn't working on any models (here and here for uses of the substance in modelling).

No comments:

Post a Comment